Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mini Frittatas


As I mentioned in my Overnight Oatmeal post, I like to make my breakfast in large batches on Sunday evening, so that I'll have an easy-to-eat-and-go breakfast for the entire work week.  I often crave a savory breakfast, so I was super stoked when I stumbled upon this Mini Frittata recipe on Pinterest.  I changed the recipe to make it healthier and to increase the serving size, and was incredibly pleased by the results.  They taste great, are easy to eat on the go, and keep fine for the entire work week.  

INGREDIENTS
8 large eggs
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 tsp salt
Mix Ins (cheese, bell pepper, ham)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, add in eggs, milk, and salt.

3. Beat together the ingredients until super frothy (I used an immersion blender)

4. Evenly distribute the egg mixture into 8 of the muffin cups

5. Add in your desired mix-ins to each cup. I like to add in ham for protein, bell pepper because it stays crunchy, and cheese because...well it's cheese and cheese is the best.  Stir each cup with a fork to distribute the ingredients.

6. Cook for 20-25 minutes.

7. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. To reheat, microwave a single serving for 30-40 seconds.
Easily portable!
---------------------------------------------------------

MINI FRITTATAS
Makes 8 servings

INGREDIENTS
8 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
Mix-Ins (ham, bell pepper, cheese, etc.)

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.  In a large bowl, beat/whisk together eggs, milk, and salt until it is frothy.
3. Evenly distribute egg mixture into 8 muffin cups.  Add in mix-ins to each cup and stir.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. You might need to run a knife around the edges to help the frittatas pop out.
5. Store mini frittatas in an airtight container for up to a week. To reheat a single serving, microwave for 30-40 seconds.

****Recipe from Disney Family Fun****
--------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment