Monday, March 4, 2013

Buffalo Chicken & Avocado Lettuce Wraps


Ever since I started making Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, I've been trying to come up with different ways to eat the huge amount of chicken the recipe yields.  So far my favorite way to serve the buffalo chicken is by making Buffalo Chicken & Avocado Lettuce Wraps.  It's quick to make, tastes phenomenal, and is very low carb. You don't have to do the slow cooker method to make the buffalo chicken part of this recipe if you don't want to. Feel free to cook and shred the chicken any way you please.  I do have some product recommendations though.  First of all, Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce is the tastiest buffalo sauce I've tried at my local grocery store. I highly recommend it.  Secondly, if you are looking for a healthy, low calorie blue cheese dressing, I cannot say enough good things about Bolthouse Farm's Chunky Blue Cheese dressing.  It's made from yogurt, has only 35 calories per 2 tablespoons, and tastes eons better than any other low calorie dressing I have tried.  It's good stuff!



Buffalo Chicken & Avocado Lettuce Wraps
Serves 4-6


INGREDIENTS
2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle of Buffalo Sauce
1/2 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (or your own seasonings)
1/2 Tbsp Butter
2 Avocados
Head of Lettuce
Blue Cheese Dressing

DIRECTIONS

1. Follow my Buffalo Chicken Slow Cooker recipe.  Or, if you prefer, cook chicken by boiling, baking, or cooking it on the skillet, until no longer pink.  Once chicken is cooked, shred it with 2 forks, and toss the chicken with the buffalo sauce, ranch seasonings, and butter. Stir well.

2. Set out outer lettuce leaves on a plate and fill each leaf with a few tablespoons of buffalo chicken. Top with avocado and blue cheese dressing.  Wrap as you eat.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size: 1/6th of Buffalo Chicken, 1/3rd of an Avocado, 2 Tbsp Blue Cheese
Calories: 233
Fat: 14
Carbs: 6
Protein: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment