Friday, October 16, 2015

Ultimate Fudge Brownie


The only thing in my culinary life that can match my deep love for chocolate chip cookies is a fudge brownie.  My favorite kind of brownie has a flakey buttery crust on top, but is gooey and fudgy inside.  While I adore my healthy brownie recipes (like my Black Bean Brownies), sometimes I just want a classic delicious brownie!  For the past few months, I've been experimenting with different brownie recipes, and tweaking them to try to create my personal favorite brownie.  If only I put this much work into other endeavors in my life.... Anyways, after much determination and calories, I've finally created a recipe that results in the ideal, ultimate, fudge brownie.  Honestly, this whips up so quickly and easily (with ingredients I always have on hand), that I'll never feel the need to buy a box mix again.  

The Ultimate Fudge Brownie



INGREDIENTS
1/2 Cup Melted Butter (or coconut oil)
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 baking dish


2.  Melt the butter (or coconut oil) and pour into a large bowl; add in the sugar and stir until combined.  Stir in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.

3.  In a separate bowl,  whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.  Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the sugar-butter mixture and combine, being careful not to over-mix.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

4.  Spoon the brownie batter into the greased baking dish and bake for 24-27 minutes or until sides start to pull from the pan; be very careful not to overcook!  Once cool, cut into 12 squares.






No comments:

Post a Comment