Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Blueberry Oatmeal Cups


Blueberry Oatmeal cups are currently my breakfast obsession.  I make a batch every other Sunday, freeze half (they freeze and reheat great!), and then keep the other half in the fridge to eat all week.  I usually do blueberries, but sometimes I use cherries or peaches instead.  I bet it would be great with pecans too!  Not only are these muffins delicious, but they keep you full all the way until lunchtime despite only being 229 calories a serving.  I love that it only takes 30 seconds to warm them up in the microwave in the morning, and then they are ready to eat.  My mornings are so chaotic now that I'm a mom of two kids.  One day  I'll have the chance to actually sit and eat breakfast again, but until then, I'm glad I have these oatmeal cups!



Blueberry Oatmeal Cups
Makes 18 Servings


INGREDIENTS
5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 Cup Ground Flaxseed
1 tsp Salt
2/3 Cup Natural Peanut butter (or Nut Butter of Choice)
2 Cups Whole Milk (or Milk of Choice)
1 1/3 Cups Unsweetened Applesauce
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, softened (or Oil of Choice)
1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
12 oz Frozen Blueberries (or 2 Cups Fresh)

DIRECTIONS


1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease the muffin tins (or put down cupcake liners).


2.  In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the blueberries.  Stir until very well mixed, and then stir in the blueberries until combined.

3.  Spoon batter evenly into 18 muffin cups (should be enough batter to fill each cup mostly to the top).

4.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Be careful not to overcook.

5.  You can eat immediately.  Otherwise, store in the fridge (and microwave when ready to eat), or freeze.  Can be kept in the fridge for a week.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size:  1 Oatmeal Cup
Calories:  229
Fat:  11
Carbs:  26
Protein:  6
Sugar:  8

No comments:

Post a Comment