Monday, November 5, 2012

Healthy Peanut Butter Pie


As you may have noticed, I have been on a healthy dessert kick lately.  I was never a huge dessert person until I got pregnant.  Now, two years later, it looks like that sweet tooth is here to stay.  Since it's sticking around, I have to make sure it doesn't stick around my thighs, waist, and arms!  It's been tricky finding low calorie desserts that can be considered healthy too.  For instance, my previous Skinny Peanut Butter Pie is certainly diet-friendly, but with a base of whipped cream and cream cheese, I wouldn't say it's super nutritious.  After last week's roaring success making Healthy Fudge Pie, which can definitely be considered healthy, I decided to try to create a healthier--but just as delicious--peanut butter pie.  I'm happy to report that it was a resounding success!  P.S. This recipe is only 150 calories a slice AND vegan! Woot woot!

Healthy Peanut Butter Pie

INGREDIENTS
12.3 oz Silken Firm Tofu
1 Cup Better n' Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Milk (I used Almond)
1/2 C. White Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Graham Cracker Sheets, crushed
Optional: Light Chocolate Syrup or Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS

1. In a Food Processor, combine the (drained) tofu, peanut butter, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Puree until completely smooth.

2. Sprinkle crushed graham crackers evenly onto the bottom of a pie pan (or alternatively, evenly distribute into the bottoms of 10 cupcake liners placed in a muffin tin).

3. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the pie pan (or into 10 cupcake liners in a muffin tin).

4. Optional: Drizzle chocolate syrup or sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the pie.

5.  Allow to chill in the fridge for several hours, preferably overnight. 

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size: 1/10th of Pie, or 1 Mini Pie
Calories:150
Carbs: 22
Fat: 3
Protein: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment