Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Skinny Peanut Butter Pie


Peanut Butter Pie has everything I love in a dessert: it's sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy.  Unfortunately, it's also crazy high in calories and fat.  Yet my recent discovery of Better'n Peanut Butter (now known as my "peanut butter crack") gave me hope that I could make a diet-friendly peanut butter pie.  After a bit of googling, I came upon a Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie from the wonderful Skinnytaste.com.  Just as I did with Skinnytaste's Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake recipe, I fiddled with the recipe to make the calories even lower per serving.  The final product is a 146 calorie mini pie from heaven! 


Skinny Peanut Butter Pie

INGREDIENTS
5 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1/3 c. Better'n Peanut Butter
8 oz Fat Free Cool Whip (or TruWhip)
1/2 c. Confectioner's Sugar
2 Graham Cracker Sheets, crushed
4 tsp Light Chocolate Syrup

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, beat together peanut butter, sugar, and cream cheese until smooth.

2. Fold in Cool Whip.

3. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs into a pie pan OR evenly disperse into 8 cupcake liners placed in a muffin pan.  Pour (or spoon) batter on top of the crackers.

4. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size: 1/8th of a slice or 1 Mini Pie
Calories: 146
Carbs: 21
Fat: 5
Protein: 3

TIP: 
*I put my cupcake liners in a muffin pan to help the cheesecakes hold their shape (and makes it easier to spoon the batter into the liners).  I really recommend doing the cupcake liners over a pie pan for two reasons: 1. It helps tremendously with portion control, and 2. This cheesecake has a pudding consistency, so the liners provide sort of a "cup" to spoon it out of. Ramekins would work great too!

* I put the graham crackers in a sandwich bag and then use a meat tenderizer (the flat side) to smash the crackers into crumbs. 

* You can find Better'n Peanut Butter at Trader Joes, Super Target, and many other grocery stores. It's probably my favorite find of the year--I totally recommend seeking it out!

** For a more nutritious, vegan Skinny Peanut Butter Pie, check out my Healthy Peanut Butter Pie!**

No comments:

Post a Comment