Monday, December 24, 2012

Soft Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies


The other day I sent my husband out to the store for some chocolate chips.  I was annoyed when he returned with milk chocolate chips instead of the normal semi-sweet chocolate chips. They sat unused on my kitchen counter for a few weeks, while I contemplated what to do with them.  My brother's birthday rolled up, so I decided to make cookies for him using the milk chocolate chips. Well, my husband's erroneous purchase ended up being quite a blessing! Everyone loved the large milk chocolate chips in the cookies.  My Cookie Monster-like brother liked them so much that he announced that they were the best cookie he ever had, which is literally the highest of compliments.  

Soft Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS
2 1/8 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
3/4 Cup White Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Set out eggs and butter and bring to room temperature.

2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Stir in the eggs and vanilla, and mix until completely incorporated. 

4. Pouring in just a little at a time, stir dry mix in with the creamed mixture, until completely mixed together.  Add in milk chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.

5. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Take out the chilled dough and line a cookie pan with parchment paper.  

6. Put rounded tablespoons of chilled cookie dough on the pan, and bake for 7-8 minutes for gooey cookies or 9-11 for firmer cookies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment