Friday, June 14, 2013

Skinny Fudge


Oh my goodness, you guys...these are so good!  This recipe for Weight Watcher's Fudge popped up on my Pinterest newsfeed the other day, and when I looked at the recipe, I was shocked that I actually had all the ingredients on hand--including items that I usually never have in my kitchen (evaporated milk and marshmallows).  I figured it was a sign from above telling me to make the fudge right that second.  So of course I did, and then fell into a state of fudgy bliss.  While these are little higher in sugar than my normal fare, this fudge is totally worth it!  I did alter the original recipe a little (less sugar, added vanilla & salt), but it's all for the better, I like to think. Also, the original recipe called for cutting the fudge into 36 teeny tiny squares to make it lower calorie, but I prefer normal serving sizes, so I made my servings bigger by cutting it into only 25 squares.  It's still only 137 decadent calories a piece.

Skinny Fudge
Recipe adapted from Food.com

INGREDIENTS
2/3 Cup Fat Free Evaporated Milk
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch or Two of Salt
12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
16 Large Marshmallows (or 8 Jumbo)
Optional: 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts

DIRECTIONS

1. In a saucepan, bring milk, sugar, and butter to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

2. Stir in salt, vanilla extract, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. Remove pan from heat and stir until smooth.

3. Grease an 8 x 8 pan, and pour fudge batter in evenly.  Refrigerate for three hours, or until firm. Cut into 25 squares and serve.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size: 1 Square (1/25th of Total)
Calories: 137
Carbs: 25
Fat: 5
Protein: 2
Sugar: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment