Friday, September 20, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake


I am the human Cookie Monster. When I see cookies, my eyes go googly and I literally will yell "COOKIES!"  My daughter seems to have inherited my cookie love, so for that reason I decided to make her a Cookie Cake for her 2nd birthday.  Since it was a Sesame Street themed party, I didn't just make any old Cookie Cake, I made a Cookie Monster Cake.  





While I was pretty proud of how the cookie cake looked, I was more proud of how it tasted.  This, my friends, is how cookie cake should always taste: like a huge, gooey perfect chocolate chip cookie.  Mmmmmm, cookies!



Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Recipe Adapted from Life, Love, and Sugar


INGREDIENTS
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
3/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, loosely packed
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Egg
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Almond Extract (optional but recommended)
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 1/4 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round pan.

2.  In a large bowl, cream the butter and both types of sugar together until smooth.

3.  Stir in the egg and extracts, until just combined (don't over-mix).

4.  Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, and stir until completely mixed.

5.  Stir in the chocolate chips, and then spoon the batter into the greased pan.

6.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.

7.  When time to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the cookie pan from the fridge while the oven is preheating, so that the pan can reach room temperature.

8.  Bake for 18-20 minutes.  Be careful to not overcook.  You'll know it's done when a toothpick comes out mostly (but not entirely) clean from the center of the cake.  Remember that it will cook a little more after you take it out.  Serve warm for the gooiest results.


No comments:

Post a Comment