Thursday, December 12, 2013

Natural Daily Shower Spray


I don't know about you guys, but my shower gets dirty QUICK.  I think it's because my shower is the type that has a glass door, so it's small and enclosed, meaning that it doesn't dry off as quick, allowing icky stuff to grow faster.  Due to this, I have to do a thorough shower cleaning more than I'd like; using more elbow grease than my lazy body wants to do.  I've thought about buying a daily shower cleaner to help with maintenance, but it's pretty darn expensive and full of chemicals.  So I thought to myself...what if I just make my own?


Going off what has worked as my All-Purpose Cleaner, I came up with a concoction and put it in a spray bottle that I kept in the shower.  Whoever took the last shower of the night had the 10 second task of spraying the shower down with my Natural Shower Spray.  I tested my spray for over a month before sharing it with you guys, just to be certain....and yup, it works like a dream!  It's more than tripled the length of time I can go between deep shower cleanings, drastically reducing the grime that use to start creeping up after just a few days.  Best part?  It costs about 15 cents a bottle to make. 

Natural Daily Shower Spray

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Empty Spray Bottle
White Vinegar
Water
Optional: Tea Tree Oil

DIRECTIONS

1. Fill the spray bottle 1/3 of the way up with vinegar.

2.  Fill it the rest of the way up with water (filtered or distilled if possible)

3.  Optional:  Add in 8-10 drops of Tea Tree Oil for extra anti-septic qualities

4.  After the last shower of the day, spray the shower spray all over the shower floor, door or curtain, and walls.  



1 comment:

  1. I shall make this today! Lucky for me, I actually already have a spray bottle of vinegar in my bathroom (different use) and I have some tea tree oil AND I have water! It's fate! Kind of lame fate, but fate nonetheless! Too bad I have to clean my shower before I can keep it clean. :)

    ReplyDelete