Friday, December 20, 2013

My Favorite Holiday Dishes


Need some food inspiration for your holiday cooking?  I'd love to share some of my absolute favorite things to make for the holidays!


My Favorite Holiday Brunch Items

Green Chili Egg Casserole:  This is a great recipe, not only because it tastes fantastic and feeds a crowd, but because you can make it a day or two beforehand, and then simply bake it the morning you need it.  

Cranberry Mimosas:  Skip the orange juice and use cranberry juice instead to make your mimosas.  Jazz it up by adding a few real cranberries to each glass.

My Favorite Holiday Sides

Broccoli Blue Cheese Casserole:  This is always a crowd pleaser, and it's creative enough where you don't have to worry about anyone else showing up with the same dish.

Macaroni & Cheese (aka Crackaroni and Cheese):  This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart's ultimate macaroni and cheese recipe.  It's seriously the best you'll ever eat, and folks will be begging you for the recipe.

Sweet Potato SoufflĂ©:  This is an elegant yet simple dish to make, and is just divinely rich and delicious.  


Pimento Cheese: Serve it with crackers to make the perfect appetizer

My Favorite Holiday Desserts

Buttermilk Pie:  This Southern dessert is probably my most memorable dessert.   I've been making it for years, and it is always a huge hit.

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie: This pie has actually starting to replace Buttermilk Pie as my #1 requested pie.  It's delicious, but healthy enough where you can go for that second slice without the guilt.



Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie:  This one's not healthy like the one above, but it's seriously just the best thing ever. Yum.

Chocolate Chess Pie:  It tastes like brownie batter in a pie pan.  Need I say more?


Browned Butter Pecan Pie:  This is probably my favorite pie I've ever made, and perhaps the best I've ever tasted.  It replaces the (overly-processed) corn syrup with maple syrup, resulting in a pure tasting pie that will knock your socks off.

My Favorite Holiday Leftover Dishes

Split Pea Soup:  Every single year after Christmas (usually around New Years) I use the leftover ham bone to make this soup.  It sounds simple, but it's so freaking good that people count down the days until I can get my hand on that Christmas leftover ham.  It will blow your mind.

Chicken Pot Pie:  Use your leftover turkey to make a Turkey Pot Pie.  Alternatively, Chicken Pot Pie would also make a fantastic Christmas Even dinner.





 Happy Holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment