Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Peanut Butter Pancakes


As I mentioned in my last blog post, I've recently been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.  It can be a struggle to find foods that are both low carb and meet my pregnancy cravings.  One of the hardest cravings for me to ignore are pancakes; they just taste so good right now!  Fortunately, the awesome blog Detoxinista had the perfect solution:  grain free Almond Butter Pancakes.  I made them immediately, and while they didn't taste exactly like traditional pancakes, they were delicious in their own right.  The next time I made them, I switched out the almond butter for peanut butter, and upped the cinnamon, and found them to be even tastier to me.  They are a breeze to make, and low carb enough where I can even have a drizzle of real maple syrup on top.  Yum!

Peanut Butter Pancakes
Recipe Adapted from Detoxinista

Makes 7 pancakes, serves about 3


INGREDIENTS
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Salt

DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (the parchment paper is a MUST--don't use alternatives).  

2.  Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth.

3.  Scoop the batter using a 1/4 cup and pour onto the parchment paper; making 7 pancakes.  

4.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until fluffy and cooked through.  Serve warm with maple syrup, honey, or jam.  I think they taste great the next day, cold from the fridge with nothing on them. 




NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
Serving Size:  1 Pancake
Calories:  134
Fat:  10
Carbs:  6
Protein:  6

No comments:

Post a Comment