Friday, September 19, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Dip


Buffalo Chicken Dip is literally (LITERALLY!) the greatest dip in the world.  Whenever it is served at a party, it is always the first and fastest to disappear.  In fact, if you need to find me at an event, look for the buffalo dip, and you will find me parked in front of it, eating it with a spoon.  My daughter's third birthday party was last weekend, and I decided to actually make it this time, instead of just being the person who eats it all.  My friend Randi makes an excellent version, so I hit her up for her recipe.  She's an amazing wedding coordinator (Carry Your Heart Events), so this girl KNOWS her party food.  I was so excited about the dip that I completely forgot to take pictures of it before serving (and, as always, it was inhaled as quickly as it was put out), but my husband managed to find a picture with the dip in the background of a party shot.  I zoomed in and cropped it, but it isn't exactly the greatest picture.  But you know what?  Who cares, right?  We all know what it looks like, and more importantly what it tastes like! YUM!

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Recipe from Randi Russell with slight adaptations
Carry Your Heart Events


INGREDIENTS
30 oz Canned Chicken
16 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
8 oz Blue Cheese crumbles
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
2/3 Cup (or to taste) Frank's Buffalo Hot Sauce
4 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded


DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan

2.  In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder.  Once melted, stir in blue cheese crumbles and canned chicken.  Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy.  

3.  Spread the chicken-cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the greased pan.  Pour the Frank's sauce on top evenly, and then top with shredded cheese mixture.

4.  Bake at 350 degrees until cheese has melted and is bubbly, about 15 minutes.  Serve warm with tortilla chips or carrots.  


TIPS:
*I don't know why, but this dip tastes so much better using canned chicken than whole chicken breasts (cooked and shredded).  I think it makes the dip more creamy.
* This recipe serves about 25 people.  Feel free to half it for smaller parties!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that buffalo chicken dip is the best! My co-workers request it ALL.THE.TIME. I usually do use whole chicken breasts instead of the canned chicken though because things that come in cans freak me out, culinary wise. And I put it all in the crockpot to cook, shred chicken while still in the crockpot, stir and serve :-)

    ReplyDelete