Friday, April 17, 2015

Mix-Free Homemade Spinach Dip


Recently, I found myself in as situation where I needed to whip up an appetizer for a party, but didn't have the time (or motivation) to run to the grocery store.  I looked at all the ingredients I had on hand, and I realized that I had everything to make a homemade spinach dip.  Everyone loves spinach dip, but have you ever had it made without the store-bought mix?  It is even better!  Honestly, there is no reason for me to ever use a mix again...making it from scratch was just as easy, and it is so much healthier and tastier!


(Mix-Free) Homemade Spinach Dip


INGREDIENTS

12 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed (a little more or less is fine)
1 (8 oz) can Water Chestnuts, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
3/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Kosher Salt

DIRECTIONS

1.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

2.  Allow to chill for 4 or more hours.

3.  Serve




No comments:

Post a Comment